"And whatever you do whether in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." -Colossians 3:17
Holland's Church is committed to serving our congregation and community, both local and worldwide. Be sure to check out continuing opportunities for mission education, fellowship and additional service opportunities through United Methodist Women (UMW) Circles and United Methodist Men (UMM).
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Appalachian Service Project (ASP)- Youth and adult members travel to the Appalachian area to repair homes of indigent families.
- Garner Area Ministries and NC Food Bank- A canned food drive is held at Christmas and Thanksgiving. The Samaritan's Pantry is an ongoing monthly collection of specific food needs/items sponsored by First Journey Circle.
- Governor Morehead School- A facility for the visually handicapped children with special needs. Soft drink tabs are collected and given to this school to recycle. The funds collected support the Ronald McDonald House.
- Hand in Hand (Vance Elementary School)- Hand in Hand is Holland's partnership with Vance Elementary School. Since 2003, our mission has two important components: volunteers to work one-on-one with children and individual prayer support and celebration for the school staff. We also sponsor the Christmas Angel Tree, which supports families at Vance. Hand in Hand sponsors an end of the year luncheon and provides other goodies throughout the school year for the staff.
- Kairos- This program provides support for men and women in prison and their children at home.
- Love Packages- Used Christian literature is collected and shipped. Love Packages are sent to pastors and missionaries around the world to share in their churches and in the mission field. Place your donations in the box and in the hallway near the office.
- Meals on Wheels- Meals are delivered to shut-ins every 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of each month.
- Methodist Home for Children- The WINGS circle has adopted a group of girls from the Methodist Home for Children. They provide group birthdays and holiday celebrations, as well as include them in some worship and fellowship opportunities.
- Operation Christmas Child- Christmas Holiday Project of Samaritan's Purse. Gifts for children and youth from ages 2 to 14 years of age are packed in shoe boxes and collected for distribution around the world. Look for the announcement in the bulletin each fall.
- Red Cross Blood Drive- as announced.
- Redbird Mission- Campbell Soup labels are collected from the church and mailed to the Redbird Mission located in Kentucky. Through our help, the mission has been able to purchase two 15 passenger vans and other equipment for use at the center.
- St. Jude's Ranch Card Program- The fronts of all types of greeting cards can be recycled and reused by youth a the St. Jude's Ranch. A collection box is available in the hallway near the office.