by: Rich Vaughan
Years ago I ran across an article that talked about where the safest place in the world was. I loved the points that were made! Here they are for your enjoyment!
- Avoid riding in automobiles because they are responsible for 20% of all fatal accidents.
- Do not stay home because 17% of all accidents happen in the home.
- Avoid traveling by air, rail, or water because 16% of all accidents involve these forms of transportation.
- Avoid walking on the street or sidewalks because 14% of all accidents occur to pedestrians.
- Of the remaining 33% … 32% of all deaths occur in hospitals. So above all else, avoid hospitals if you can.
You will be happy to learn that only .001% of all deaths occur in worship services in church, and these are usually related to previous physical disorders. Therefore, logic tells us that the safest place for you to be at any given point in time is at the church (even during this time of COVID. With our CDC rules in place, with masks, hand sanitizers, social distancing seating, and section by section dismissals the church is a safer place right now than Walmart, COSCO, BJ’S, retail stores, gas stations etc.)!
Oh….and… Bible Study is safe too. The percentage of deaths during Bible Study is even less than .001% (the same CDC rules in effect)!
So even in this time of COVID you might want to consider attending church and reading/studying your Bible – IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE (Both physically and eternally)!
Just some food for thought in the middle of the week.